Commercial Analyst Airports
Job no: 505589
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Analysis and Reporting
The Commercial Analyst is key in the providing support to the Airports Commercial team who work with key airports on behalf of the Virgin Group, in the negotiation of airport charges, the planning and development of near and long-term airport infrastructure and ensuring adherence to current agreements.
You will be responsible for undertaking detailed financial modelling (including passenger demand modelling), forecasting and finance reporting to support complex decision making within Virgin Australia. Through your engagement with internal and external stakeholders, you will assist developing recommendations on Virgin’s future infrastructure requirements, commercial negotiations as well as providing data for ongoing contract management support.
You will promote a data-driven culture through the use of data and analytical decision making across the Airport Commercial/Planning team and;
- Assist in the review and analysis of proposed of commercial terms for access to infrastructure and property required to meet Virgin Australia’s strategic, operational and product requirements.
- Prepare, develop and review (including assumptions) detailed financial models (using Microsoft Excel) to assist the commercial team undertaking analysis of various commercial opportunities the business may seek input and guidance on from the commercial team.
- Assist in the development of high-level reports based on data insights and analysis, including capacity analysis of critical infrastructure
- Build effective and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist the team maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing contract management support.
- Actively contribute to expanding the commercial knowledge base and contract management practices regarding airport services and facilities agreements.
To be a great fit for this role you will bring:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar Commercial Analyst role within a large complex organisation or relevant experience in a professional services environment
- Strong time management and project management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work independently when required
- Experience within the airline sector would be highly regarded
- Have experience interrogating and analysing large bodies of data to generate actionable insights to generate easily interpreted, impactful recommendations and presentations
- Ability to develop and review financial models and provide financial forecasts
- Advanced Excel skills and high level familiarity with PowerPoint and Word
- A customer focus with an ability to build and develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party providers.
- High level of attention to detail and strong written/oral communication skills.
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on our mid-market heartland. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
Since November, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend