The objective of the Lead, Business Integration & Reporting is to be accountable for business reporting and leading the overall integration and adoption of fit for purpose project management and delivery practices across the business.
The IT Project Delivery Office is responsible for major IT Project Delivery and Transformation.
Manage overall governance process including overall issue tracking and escalation to CEO and ELT (via GM Business Transformation and GM Project Delivery)
Support maintaining overall Project Delivery Office (PDO) processes (including governance requirements) and ensure internal RDO alignments
Ensure processes within the PDO support an integrated delivery plan, accounting for risks/interdependencies including tracking for key decisions required from GLT, ELT, and Board.
- Support efforts to drive GLT, RDO and ELT alignment on key project delivery issues (e.g. transformation plan, business case acceleration, major projects)
- Identify most impacted populations and ensure adoption plans are developed and implemented
- Seek out and realise opportunities to improve a more collaborative and cross-functional way of working (i.e. break down silos)
Play a lead role in setting the financial ambition for Project Delivery including baseline, targets and KPIs.
Provide guidance to Project team members on defining specific recovery plans and actions for integrity of reporting.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications, ideally in the fields of Business, Commerce or Accounting
Operational experience with financial budgeting, governance/controls
Experience working closely with and an ability to influence Senior Management and Opinion Leaders (regardless of seniority)
Demonstrated mid-management leadership
Operational experience in the application of new ways of working
Project Management of complex, cross-functional resources
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, engagement and communication skills (written, oral and listening)
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influence (rather than authority)
- Proven ability to identify, develop and evaluate strategic options and opportunities using applied forward thinking and entrepreneurial approaches
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.