About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on our mid-market heartland. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
Since November, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Cargo Support department has overview of Cargo operational systems, customer service, and Training and Standards. Working closely with Cargo Operations and Sales, The Support team ensures the Cargo division runs smoothly by creating and maintaining key processes and procedures, and training these to internal and external stakeholders.
The Training & Standards Specialist is responsible for the design of training courses and material for Virgin Australia Cargo to ensure training and regulatory compliance needs are met. You will deliver training courses both internally and externally. There will also be a strong focus on training standards, regulatory changes and implementing these changes within training packages. Training packages focus largely on operational digital systems, and processes.
You will design and deliver essential cargo specific training to outsourced partners and cargo terminal handlers. Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure compliance to training records, schedules & standards in the cargo operation
- Ensuring contractors are trained to meet operational and system standards
- Create, amend and implement training material and cargo communications
- Deliver digital system and process training courses to Cargo Terminal Operators
- Manage training modules and communication through the online learning system
- Ensure compliance with VA policy, IATA standards and CASA regulations
- Work with outsourced cargo handlers to ensure SOPs meet VAC guidelines
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
What you need to be successful
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training
- Solid understanding of the airline industry is advantageous
- Experience in the development and delivery of training and education packages
- Experience with e-learning development, curriculum design, training methodologies and online education
- Substantial experience in the cargo industry
- Experience delivering training related to operational digital systems
- Understanding of WHS, CASA and workplace legislations and regulations
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to communicate at all levels
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on hiring the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter our background or experience, we all share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest by applying via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
PD_Training and Standards Specialist.pdf