This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Integration Platform Owner. You are a proven leader who manages a team of technical designers, developers and platform engineers.
Key role responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of APIs & Integration built using the integration platform, ensuring APIs & Integrations are developed based on VA’s standards & guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of platform engineering and operations ensuring platform is operational and meets SLAs. This includes administration, configuration, and support of the platform, managing user accounts, profiles, permissions and role groups, dashboards, reports, upgrades, fault analysis, data validation, monitoring and alerting, publishing platform KPIs, etc.
- Monitors platform capabilities, support processes, best practices, documentation and external and internal product road map understanding.
- Maintains proper internal controls, documentation, monitoring and alerting, and supportability with respect to the ongoing configuration and updates of supported platforms.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to identify process modifications to the platform necessary to effectively and efficiently support the needs of the organisation
Key relationship holder with business stakeholders to ensure factbased business and IT alignment drives all decision making.
Run Governance, the Integration CoE and Socialisation forums, providing decision making, direction setting and constructive
feedback and advice.
At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
What we're looking for:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. In 2021, Virgin Australia Group celebrates 21 years as a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape.
The Group took flight under new ownership in 2020, with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers. Since November 2020, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. We have simplified our organisational structure, confirmed a large number of additional 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet - ready to ramp up flying and meet the pent-up demand for domestic travel as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts.