The objective of the Manager, Systems, Capability and Delivery Partner Management is to own the overall PMO processes, systems, methodologies, tools and deliverable templates.
The IT Project Delivery Office is a newly formed team of our CIO division, responsible for major IT Project Delivery and Transformation.
Key role responsibilities:
- Owns the overall PMO processes, systems, methodologies, tools and deliverable templates
- Accountable for Information Management (Project Repository)
- Accountable for Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management
- Resource database, resource reporting and dashboards
- Owns the Onboarding and Off-boarding processes for individuals and partners
- Capacity Planning and Resource Management (Panel Ownership, Retention of PM Talent and matching supply with demand)
- Administers the PM Capability Framework
- Partner (vendor) management - key contact for vendors across the PMO office
At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to synthesise from detail to summary level (eg costs, schedule, etc) to high quality
- Proven ability to identify, develop and evaluate strategic options and opportunities using applied forward thinking and entrepreneurial approaches
- Large scale and sophisticated vendor management experience
- Scale resource planning
- Experience in high complexity, multi-stakeholder environments
- Project Management in an agile setting
- Project Management of complex, cross-functional projects
- Relevant Degree Qualification
- Desirable:- Recognised Agile Project Management qualification/Recognised qualification in continuous/business improvement (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN) /Recognised Project Management qualification/ Masters in Business Administration
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. In 2021, Virgin Australia Group celebrates 21 years as a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape.
The Group took flight under new ownership in 2020, with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers. Since November 2020, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. We have simplified our organisational structure, confirmed a large number of additional 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet - ready to ramp up flying and meet the pent-up demand for domestic travel as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts.