About the role:
Play a crucial role in the technical delivery of Virgin’s ERP program. This role will collaborate with the system integrator, business SMEs and technical teams to ensure transformation of data meets requirements.
- Work with the customer, users, SI, technical architect, and application designers to define the data migration requirements and processes.
- Lead the data migration stream of work, including planning, analysis, design, and build efforts.
- Provide input into key data migration products, including the Data Migration Strategy.
- Collaborate with technical architects, application designers and SI to understand the data conversion requirements and to design the conversion procedures and systems. ‘
- Create source to target mappings, understand & document complex transformation rules and identify data granularity and map fields to target application.
- Review the data deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements.
- Lead all data extraction and cleansing activities (for static/master and transactional data).
- Be responsible for extracting all source data in the required format, cleansing data as required and closing data gaps.
- Ensure client data protection guidelines are maintained in accordance with the Client Data Protection program.
- Create processes to move data from Oracle ERP cloud to data warehouse.
- Design, implement and execute data migration audits.
- Contribute to quality management reviews.
- Support UAT testing and functional testing of migrated data.
What we’re looking for:
- Background in a development role, preferably on large scale data migration projects.
- Hands-on expertise with relational databases (eg. Oracle, Postgres or SQLServer).
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis on multi-system data convergence.
- Proven skills in data migration activities within a complex project environment, including experience with data migration staging and ETL processes.
- Experience migrating and integrating to Oracle ERP cloud.
- Strong experience developing data models and associated design artefacts that represent and communicate data requirements for supporting large scale and complex data migrations.
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the data migration effort.
- Skills in converting data and related techniques to support testing, training, and other application development activities.
- Experience with PCI DSS and GDPR (desirable).
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and meet project deliverables.
- Skills in resolving risks and issues.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to operate within a team, as well as work independently.
- Solid XML/ETL/Excel skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.