About the role:
Monitor the controls and execute the processes which allow Virgin Australia to detect and respond to information security incidents. Work closely with the broader Information Security Team, the role will also provide support and subject matter expertise to other specialists.
- Maintain and execute operational security processes.
- Monitor Virgin Australia’s environment to identify security events or changes to the security risk profile.
- Work with MSSP resources to support to 24/7 security monitoring.
- Perform incident response and internal investigations.
- Maintain security technologies appropriate to the environment and security control requirements.
- Work with external partners to carry out regular penetration testing of the environment.
- Support routine security exercises and internal Red Team events as required.
- Contribute to compliance reporting and audit processes as required.
- Work with the broader Information Security Team to raise the maturity of our information Security.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in implementation and operation of security controls in an enterprise environment.
- Proven skills in conducting incident responses and investigations.
- Ability to monitor and identify security risks and threats.
- Excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Enterprise Mobilty and Security Toolset.
- Use and implementation of SIEM tools e.g Azure Sentinel, Splunk, LogRhythm or Exabeam.
- Ability to drive incident response playbooks using common scripting languages like Python.
- Ability to design security controls to address risks and emerging threats.
- Industry risk management frameworks including ISO27001 and NIST.
- Information security technology including WAP, DLP, IDS/IPs, IDAM, SIEM, Anti-malware.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT Security or similar.
- Security Certifications such as CISSP (beneficial).
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.