Data Engineer Expression of Interest (EOI)
Job no: 505271
Work type: Max Term
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Categories: Other IT
The Data Engineer will be responsible for ingesting data into our modern data platform, assembling large, complex datasets and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data, enabling the business to deliver on reporting, dashboarding, marketing and advanced analytics initiatives.
Your proven experience working on cloud based modern data platforms will be highly regarded in this role. This background teamed with superior communication skills will ensure you build and manage effective stakeholder relationships, enabling the successful delivery of data initiatives.
The role requires effective relationship management across numerous internal and external stakeholders and service providers, ensuring alignment across various business drivers and objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop robust data pipelines and tools making critical business data available to other teams.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, reducing cost through efficiency gains etc.
- Ingest data into our modern data platform, assemble large, complex datasets, and provide frameworks and services for operating on that data
- Seek opportunities for improvements and champion changes to technology, including automation.
- Support both agile and waterfall ways of working minimising contention between teams.
What we're looking for:
To succeed, you will be flexible in your approach, be able to prioritise and handle the dynamic changes of the industry and build sustainable business and internal IT relationships.
- Experience in design, creation and optimisation of data pipelines
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience working with cloud-based, modern data platforms
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates domestic and international passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
If you are looking for your next challenge in Data and want to join a growing team through their development, please apply today!
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now