The objective of the Scrum Master is to is to lead Scrum teams using the Agile/Scrum framework to achieve high velocity output of quality deliverables that maximise value for the digital business. The role will work in partnership with the Product Owners and technical teams to maintain, prioritise and deliver the backlog for our digital products web & mobile.
The Scrum Master will lead daily stand-up meetings and take responsibility for sprint planning, showcases, retrospectives and other Agile related activities. Other key activities will be assisting the team to prioritise and maintain the product backlog whilst also facilitating discussions, decision making and conflict resolution within the team and stakeholders external to the Scrum team.
Balancing key project deliveries with business requirements, operational maintenance and issue resolution you will ensure all releases go to plan and value is derived. This is key that the role builds strong working relationship with the internal business and technical stakeholders to ensure success of the Scrum teams.
- Delegate the workload amongst the team to ensure prioritisation and maintenance of the product backlog.
- Ensure all releases go to plan and meet business requirements.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and technical stakeholders to ensure the team’s success.
- Maintain relevant metrics to monitor, control, manage and report progress and forecasts whilst identifying, tracking and resolving impediments, risks and issues.
- Collaborate with internal teams to implement change management processes to release into UAT and Production.
- Identify, monitor and implement controls to mitigate assigned and self-identified risks.
- Follow an agreed development model (Agile, DevOps, etc).
- Champion the Scrum process; continuous improvement and Agile maturity improvements.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience as an Agile PM or Scrum Master (essential).
- Strong Agile experience and an advocate for Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence for agile development.
- Proven understanding of digital/web and mobile development (essential).
- A sound understanding of the application delivery, maintenance and support lifecycle A sound understanding of the application delivery, maintenance and support lifecycle
- Proven experience leading large development and testing teams, both locally and offshore.
- Organised with accurate documentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on motivating the team.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Qualification in Scrum/Kanban (essential).
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Digital Development & Testing team have delivery squads that deliver exciting and engaging web and mobile products for our guests.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.