Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia. Our vision is to become ‘Australia’s most loved loyalty program’ enabling members to engage and transact with our program through multiple channels every day. With over 10 million members, we are focused on transforming loyalty and we continue to lead the way with game changing initiatives.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. Virgin Australia and Velocity Frequent Flyer took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
The role of Manager, Financial Services Partnerships sits within the Commercial team at Velocity Frequent Flyer and reports to the Head of Financial Services Partnerships. The role is integral to ensuring that the Velocity program and partners achieve their business objectives and outcomes.
This manager role will own a portfolio of financial services partners, be responsible for creating unique and differentiated strategies for those partners, and seek out new partnership opportunities to support the Velocity program innovation and growth.
You will be responsible for:
· Develop and execute the financial services partnership strategy
· Drive sound commercial agreements with Partners
· Maintaining strong Partner relationships and demonstrating the value to Partners
· Working closely with the internal stakeholders in Marketing, Operations, Finance and Data Analytics to ensure that a range of promotions are provided to Velocity Members throughout the year
· Set budget targets, report on performance and manage all billing and reconciliation of Partners
· Identifying new growth opportunities within the portfolio and with new partnerships.
· Assist in leading and motivating a team of financial services professionals
What we are looking for:
· 10 years (+) commercial experience across credit cards/payments/fintech
· Extensive experience in 3rd party Relationship Management
· Successful track record of commercial negotiations and partnership management at a senior level
· Strong commercial acumen with experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
· Balance scorecard performance setting, tracking and delivery
· Leadership role in major project management and delivery
· Demonstrated practical data analytical experience used to inform business decision making
· Work experience in a consumer loyalty or airline loyalty environment
· Demonstrated experience in credit card acquisition and engagement marketing
· An understanding of regulations relevant to the financial services industry
Virgin Australia team members are passionate believers in better. Every person that we come into contact with; our guests, our members, our customers, our colleagues and the community will feel and experience better outcomes, based on the interactions we have with them.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia