The Senior Salesforce Developer delivers relevant, simple and robust solutions to complex business problems working directly with business teams to analyse and understand the key issues. The role is accountable for the management of Salesforce change initiatives and projects that support multiple business departments cross the Virgin Australia group. The role will also work closely with the Salesforce system administration, user support and training needs across the VA group, whilst identifying areas of reducing cost and complexity for internal stakeholders.
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Engage with the business areas on business strategy, requirement gathering and implementing solutions for approved enhancements/changes to ensure proper design and a satisfied customer.
• Understand business processes and support needs to deliver solutions that improve these businesses.
• Lead the implementation of software development efforts, including coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging, as well as managing timelines and producing technical documentation.
• Responsible for system configuration changes to ensure optimal platform performance and usability and to meet needs of the business.
• Manage and implement best practice for creating and maintaining test environments and migration of data/metadata
• Manage a team to action the setup and maintenance of users, roles, profiles, permissions and hierarchies, ensuring access to the right data
• Manage the definition and setup development frameworks and standards
• Manage the definition and setup the ongoing operational strategy with focus on automation
• Business Case development support for Business initiatives
What we're looking for:
• 5+ years of direct experience in all aspects of developing and implementing CRM or Salesforce platform applications
• Working with Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud
• Managing or coordinating with a team of SMEs and technical resources
• Disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to understand and interpret business needs of solutions
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.