The objective of the Manager, Business Transformation is to provide leadership, coaching and expertise in the identification, prioritisation and delivery of value-creating initiatives within the context of the overall Transformation Program, and to embed and optimise a more agile way of working in support of this.
The Company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience. The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focused businesses.
- Play a lead role in setting the financial ambition for Transformation including baseline, targets and KPIs
- Monitor overall value delivery and progress against targets at all times
- Provide guidance to RDO team members on defining specific initiative-level ambition
- Ensure targets are integrated into budget and ensure benefits flow into the P&L
- Support efforts to drive ELT alignment on key transformation issues (e.g. transformation plan, value, priorities)
- Identify most impacted populations and ensure integrated change plans are developed and implemented
- Identify and enroll ‘sponsorship spine’ (key stakeholders for informally driving change) for key change topics themed across the business
- Coach the business to create a proactive and agile way of working with respect to the prioritisation and management of value-accretive initiatives, including:
- Simplifying and breaking-down large projects into smaller initiatives that can be delivered rapidly ‘in the line’
- Being self-sufficient and disciplined in their use of the ARC tool Showing strong leadership in the application of the results rhythm and prioritisation/de-prioritisation of initiatives based on value creation and expediency of delivery
- Leading their people, holding them to account and celebrating successes
- See opportunities yet to be identified and/or those that have been undervalued and escalate their priority with Sponsors and Executives
What we're looking for
- Business case construct/investment appraisal
- Operational experience with financial budgeting, governance/controls
- Experience working closely with and an ability to influence Senior Management/Executives
- Demonstrated mid-management leadership
- Operational experience in the application of business improvement programs
- Project Management of complex, cross-functional projects
- Project Management in an agile setting
- Financial modelling
- Human-centred change management
- Business strategy development
- Business planning at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to identify, develop and evaluate strategic options and opportunities using applied forward thinking and entrepreneurial approaches
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.