About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focussed businesses.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
As a function within Safety Systems, Airline Publications is responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day management of controlled information within Virgin Australia.
The Technical Publisher role:
Layout, format and mark-up controlled information (manuals, temporary revisions, forms) using software tools and documented standards. This role is responsible for the drafting and publishing of high-quality amendment packages for Virgin Australia manual suites.
- Follow SOPs documented in work instructions and associated checklists.
- Negotiate workable schedules with all stakeholders.
- Accurate incorporation of changes into source files (XML or Framemaker).
- Gain approval to publish content - CAs and regulatory bodies.
- Publish documents to intranet and extranet.
- Check your own work for integrity and standards
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with Controlling Authorities and Delegates.
- Adhere to SLAs with identified customers.
- Consistently respond to internal or external customer requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Standards and Quality Control
- Apply standards contained within Plane Writing Style Guide and associated documents.
- Suggest corrections to terms, definitions, abbreviations and search lists.
- Carry out Quality Checks of own work and the work of other team members.
- Raise observation logs where required.
- Update the Things To Remember file where required.
- Participate in local auditing of reference manuals, online manuals and revision status lists.
- Support a culture focusing on high standards of quality, safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience working in a publications environment.
- Experience in publishing in varied media.
- Experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated competency working within a flexible team environment.
- Experience in communicating effectively with all levels within an organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of document control requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in recognised publishing software
- Demonstrated skills in applying styles, standards and writing conventions.
- Knowledge of the structure and layout of technical publications (e.g. List of Effective Pages, Versioning, Table of Contents)
- Exposure to the development of manuals in software, legal, government or similar environment.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated skills in managing documents through a revision cycle to timely completion.
- Ability to follow SOPs.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
FORMATTED PD - Technical Publisher - 10 May 2021.pdf