Business Analyst (Automation)
Job no: 505120
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other IT
The objective of the Business Analyst (Automation) is to liaise with the business to identify opportunities for automation across a range of toolsets and utilising internal business process mapping technologies. It is to maintain a consolidated automation pipeline, and to lead/coordinate/manage solutions from ideation to delivery where appropriate.
To succeed, you will be flexible in your approach, be able to prioritise and handle the dynamic changes of the industry, build sustainable business and internal IT relationships, and place the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- provide guidance and assist with data-driven prioritisation of automation projects
- Assist in definition of project success criteria and objectives and in measurement of project success
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of solutions through appropriate tools to realise benefits
- Prepare and present analysis, methods and results to non-expert personnel, management team and technical experts throughout different projects
- End-to-end evaluation of business processes driving for automation or process reengineering requirements
- Take responsibility for solution design and deployment ensuring quality, internal process alignment and regulatory compliance
- Identify areas of potential business inefficiency by leveraging relationships with vendors, airlines, loyalty programs, vendors’ customers, and internal teams
- Control the quality of deliverables from the wider team through each stage of the development lifecycle by implementing control gates
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Ensures resources are inducted/trained and available for appropriate allocation to projects
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience with RPA technologies
- 3+ years experience with Automation Business Analysis
- 2+ years airline experience
- Experience in Agile concepts and tools
- Experience in proactive risk assessment and management in project delivery
- Proven experience in portfolio management and managing projects
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking with problem solving aptitudes
- Problem solving in a complex Business Systems environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills, especially the credibility to have a positive influence on a range of stakeholders, and lead high performing teams
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates domestic passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now