General Manager, Revenue Management
Job no: 505025
Work type: Full Time
Categories: All Leadership/Management
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focussed businesses.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
The objective of the General Manager, Revenue Management is to lead a high performing team which is responsible for pricing and inventory management tailored to our target market segments.
Key Aspects of the role:
Profitable Airline Revenue Growth
- Develop and implement the revenue management strategy, ensuring alignment to strategic direction of the Company
- Maximise revenue through effective pricing and inventory strategies
- Ensure yield is optimised to fill strategic gaps in our network
- Anticipate market trends to enhance revenue opportunities and maintain an advantage over our competitors
- Ensure that all activities across Revenue Management are consistent with a network approach to maximising revenue
Financials / Budgets
- Work with the Analytics, RM and BI Teams to analyse daily, weekly and monthly revenue performance to expected budget levels
- Manage budget & forecast models to ensure targets are achieved (or remedial action taken where not)
- Support the reporting of revenue initiatives to the broader stakeholder group
- Drive Ancillary revenue Growth
Project Delivery & Compliance
- End to end accountability for revenue management
- Define and prioritise business requirements for Revenue Management and collaborate to achieve pragmatic outcomes
- Manage and/or support project scoping and delivery (depending on project complexity and scope)
- Projects delivered within agreed timeframes, budget and quality
- Manage compliance with relevant legislations and regulations
- Monitor and identify trends in the revenue management space to drive growth opportunities
- Adapt an innovation mind set continuously looking for opportunities to improve our customer experience
What you need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sciences/Business/Economics
- Significant Airline Revenue Management experience, ideally within a mid-market carrier
- Aviation leadership experience
- Ability to think strategically and implement initiatives in a way that delivers business outcomes
- Ability to anticipate and interpret market changes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High level of airline and industry knowledge
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the commercial drivers for airline profitability
- High level of understanding of the principles of revenue management
- High level of knowledge of leadership, risk management and implementation of change
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now