Our vision is to build the airline people love, and we’ll do that by having happy people, happy customers, happy owners, by doing what matters, and by ensuring everyone is safe, always. We also believe that how you show up is as important as what you do.
The objective of the Management Accountant role is to provide accurate and timely financial accounting, and assist with reporting, analysis and planning within a portfolio of departments. With a commercial focus this role will support the initiatives and processes in place to deliver the business unit requirements & targets.
- Calculate and action timely and accurate journals and accruals to support meaningful management financial reporting
- Identifying errors, omissions and duplications to ensure the integrity of the management accounts
- Apply correct accounting practices, ensuring balance sheet accuracy and audit integrity
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of the management packs for the portfolio, providing valued insight into the performance of business unit.
- Support the delivery of budget and forecasts that meets strategic and financial deliverables for the portfolio
Provide support on business performance and forecasts to drive to agreed accurate targets
Support the delivery of internal/external benchmarking & ongoing performance assessment
Assist with scoping, analysis and sign-off of modelled financial benefits for business cases & initiatives
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years commercial/chartered experience;
- Experience in month-end accounting procedures up to production of trial balance, P&L and balance sheet.
- Completed accounting related degree
- Commenced or completed
- CPA/CA qualification.
- Demonstrable systems abilities and a high level of computer literacy, including advanced Excel spread sheet skills.
Organisational and time management skills
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to work to strict deadlines with adaptability to changing priorities
An eye for detail and ability to efficiently analyse financial information
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience. The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focussed businesses.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.