Our vision is to build the airline people love, and we’ll do that by having happy people, happy customers, happy owners, by doing what matters, and by ensuring everyone is safe, always. We also believe that how you show up is as important as what you do.
About the role:
The objective of the Safety Advisor role is to partner with the business stakeholders to maintain safety (aviation safety and OHSE) performance and compliance for Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) in line with the regulations.
The primary functions of the role are associated with OHSE (operational health safety and environment). You will be responsible for overseeing and undertaking OHSE audits, investigations and inspections of facilities, operational locations and externally contracted providers to ensure compliance with the applicable Work, Health and Safety regulations, Virgin Australia Group (VAGP) procedures and any other applicable safety standards, procedures and contracted requirements.
The Safety Advisor will also be responsible for having input into operational safety risk, the development of corporate safety education, production of governance packs and partnering with stakeholders through risk workshops
You will be a self-motivate individual who is passionate about safety. Crucial to the success of this role will be the ability to quickly build strong and lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will also demonstrate:
Up to 3 years experience in a Safety Advisor / Officer or OHSE Role or similar
Some experience in conducting WHS and Environmental audits / inspections
Some experience in or leading or participating in WHSE investigations
- CERT IV, Diploma or similar in WHS / OHS
- Knowledge of WHS and Environmental regulations, codes of practice and Australian Standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability in the interpretation of legislative
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders and to positively influence these through communications, direct engagement and other means
What you'll get from us:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of Safety Systems, then we invite you to apply now!
PD - Safety Advisor - 15 March 2021.pdf