The Manger, Group Finance is responsible for managing the accounting close for the Virgin Australia group ensuring compliance to all Australian Accounting Standards. This role will lead a team of technical accounting experts and will be the knowledge centre for the group in the provision of solutions to meet all technical accounting issues.
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our people are passionate champions of better. We strive to do better every single day and we do it with heart, spirit, imagination and collaboration.
United by this purpose and these values, every person we come into contact with - our guests, our customers, our colleagues and the community - will feel and experience better based on the interactions we have with them.
This team is responsible for the specialised accounting activities associated with all treasury transactions, maintenance events, lease transactions, fixed assets, intercompany transactions, cash accounting and managing the exposure to balance sheet revaluation risk. In addition, this team will provide support for the completion of the statutory financial statements for the group and subsidiaries. This role will lead projects for the group finance team to drive process improvements and improve the close process to provide senior management and the board with an improved timely distribution of financial information. This role is a key team member of the Group Finance leadership team and for the
right candidate will have key regular interactions with the CFO, opportunities to work across the group on cross functional projects, be regarded as successor for the Financial Controller and have the ability to build and shape this small team of technical experts to deliver maximum benefit to the group
- Group/Statutory Reporting
- Financial Accounting
- Balance Sheet
- Finance Policies/ Proceesess
(for a full PD please contact Dee Fitzgerald @ email@example.com)
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience
- Management experience in large finance team within an ASX listed entity
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualifications
- Comprehensive experience in technical accounting areas of judgement and implementation of accounting standards
- Extensive experience in hedge accounting, foreign currency translation,
- Balance sheet revaluations
- Organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines with adaptability to changing priorities
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and initiative to look for and implement process improvements
- Ability to build effective working relationships, work collaboratively and deliver high quality service, advice and support to meet the needs of diverse work units
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people. We believe diversity in our workforce strengthens our business and we welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.