Senior Legal Counsel
Job no: 504118
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Legal Counsel
The Senior Legal Counsel (Funding & Leasing) is accountable for providing timely and accurate legal advice to support the Virgin Australia Group Treasury team.
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our people are passionate champions of better. We strive to do better every single day and we do it with heart, spirit, imagination and collaboration.
United by this purpose and these values, every person we come into contact with - our guests, our customers, our colleagues and the community - will feel and experience better based on the interactions we have with them.
As a Senior Legal Counsel (Funding & Leasing) you will be responsible for managing various legal matters in relation to the Group’s financing and aircraft leasing initiatives and strategic projects (Finance Projects). Additionally you will be required to provide advice in relation to a number of different areas of the law that relate to corporate, finance and leasing work. You will be accountable for the timely delivery of the legal aspects of these Finance Projects and advising the Treasury team in respect of the legal risks that may arise, whilst assisting to drive these projects to an outcome that is optimal for the Virgin Australia Group. Although you will be the sole in-house lawyer in the treasury team in Sydney, you will be part of and supported by the Virgin Australia Group Legal Team.
- Providing timely legal advice in respect of various legal matters in relation to the Group’s financing and aircraft leasing initiatives and strategic projects (Finance Projects).
- Making recommendations and assisting in decision making in relation to the management of legal issues and risks associated with the Group’s Finance Projects.
- Management and control of the legal issues attributable to Finance Projects and areas of responsibility allocated to position including:
- provision of accurate, helpful and commercially oriented legal advice; and
- negotiation and drafting of contracts to completion.
- Assisting with drafting and review of board papers to describe Finance Projects where board approval is required.
- Guiding the business in understanding commercial contractual commitments.
- Successful completion of Finance Projects with mitigated and minimised commercial law risks.
Joining our Group Legal Team, you will have a minimum of 7 + years post admission experience primarily in relation to financing transactions and, preferably in relation to equipment finance leasing including more recently in a senior position either at a law firm or in-house. Ideally you will have aviation or travel industry experience but this is not mandatory.
Additional skills & experience:
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Willingness to share knowledge and to coach others;
- An ability to work autonomously and effectively manage competing priorities;
- Strong problem solving skills.
What you’ll get from us
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people. We believe diversity in our workforce strengthens our business and we welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Advertised : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now