Privacy Compliance Specialist
Job no: 503653
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other Legal, Legal Counsel
Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
You will assume ownership of our privacy compliance capability, including the application and management of our privacy management framework, as well as leading and implementing a perpetual focus on continuous improvement across the portfolio. You will also play a key role in maintaining a culture of privacy and risk awareness.
You will use your strong experience of driving awareness of privacy frameworks and the Australian Privacy Principles to maintain Virgin Australia’s privacy management plan and consult with key internal and external stakeholders. You will also work closely with our Senior Leadership Team to consult on key privacy matters and sit on the Virgin Australia Group Privacy Council.
Working with key stakeholders, you will be developing new templates, processes and procedures, and maintaining an oversight of all projects and initiatives that interact with personal information. You will be the central point of contact within Virgin Australia and pro-actively manage privacy requests and complaints; maintaining a constant view and tracking all activities. You are results focused and will ensure our regulatory compliance obligations are met while keeping our members best interests at the forefront of everything you do.
This is more than a role, it is a career opportunity for an individual who has a genuine interest and is at the forefront of information privacy, best practice frameworks and has a continual understanding of regulatory standards. You also recognise the importance of maintaining an overview of key risks to our members' privacy and you will assume ownership of Virgin Australia's data breach response and recovery plans, ensuring alignment to group processes.
What are we looking for?
You will have a strong track record of at least 2 years in a similar privacy position or in a law firm advising on privacy matters. Naturally, you are a Subject Matter Expert or have consulted on privacy in a complex customer-focused environment.
You have a strong understanding and working experience of the Australian Privacy Principles and how these apply to a broad and diverse organisation. You will also be highly regarded if you have knowledge and experience in the application of the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You focus on driving results and are a true leader in implementing best practice frameworks as well as developing privacy policies and supporting processes. You will have the ability to work autonomously and keep the Head of Group Privacy informed of key privacy issues and risks.
What you’ll get from us
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Work in an environment that encourages rewarding their team through various employee recognition programs.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people. We believe diversity in our workforce strengthens our business and we welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now