About the role:
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) team based in Brisbane. Reporting to the Virgin Australia Airlines (VAA) CAMO Quality Leader, you will play a critical role in implementing and improving our CASR Part 42 Quality Management System (QMS) and its documented procedures.
This role requires planning, preparing and conducting of quality audits as well as each auditor following up any corrective or preventative actions, arising from their audits, to acceptable closure.
A day in the life of the CAMO Quality Engineer includes but is not limited to:
- Audit interfaces, including Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO –Internal/External) and CAMO (Internal) audits
- Preparation of audit documentation to include detailed audit plan and scope
- Entering and processing findings, corrective and preventative actions, in the airline's safety database (Intelex)
- Conduct vendor assessments and approvals, as may be required
- Carry out Quality Investigations as applicable, and
- Be in a position to travel both interstate and overseas as necessary
We are looking for a candidate with a demonstrable track record in maintenance and engineering operations, airworthiness auditing and vendor assessment.
Experienced in working flexibly, meeting set deadlines and performing within a broad team environment to drive results is a must. As a VA auditor your ability to be analytical and identify, with the auditees, any root cause of the deficiencies identified is essential. You will be able to demonstrate working cohesively and proactively with all stakeholders and team members in a collegial manner with a view to getting a positive outcome in all situations.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- CASA regulations and standards applicable to Continuing Airworthiness Management Expositions (CAME)
- IOSA standards and recommended practices as applicable to the IOSA aircraft maintenance (MNT) section (Desirable)
- Quality auditing processes in relation to continuing airworthiness management and aircraft maintenance, preferably in a high capacity RPT environment
In liaising with various stakeholders, both internal and external, the ability to demonstrate high level communication skills and positively influence/coach others at all levels will be essential for your success. Your people interaction/interface and communication skills are essential to this role, as is your report writing capability.
If you are a champion of ‘better’ and are ready for your next opportunity to make sure good things do happen, we would love to hear from you. Please ensure you select the apply button below to submit your application.
CAMO QE PD - Jan 18_v1.pdf