Resource Planner – Ground Operations
Job no: 503326
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Other Ground Operations, All Resource Planning / Workforce Planning
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
This position will see you servicing the airport management team by producing safe and efficient Ground Crew rosters that are compliant with the current EBA and relevant policies/processes. This administrative role, within a centralised manpower planning team, requires you to work closely with internal stakeholders across the business to ensure resource plans are delivered to an optimum quality, meeting agreed time, risk and cost measures.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with knowledge of airport operations, resource planning and experience with stakeholder engagement. In this role, you will be utilising your exceptional written and verbal communication skills to work collaboratively with your colleagues and stakeholders to maintain positive relationships and achieve shared goals.
Your adaptability and experience in a high pressure environment will be highly regarded as you manage changes and requests from airport stakeholders whilst still meeting agreed deadlines. Your appreciation for a dynamic shift work environment will see you excel in this role.
- Producing safe and efficient Ground Crew rosters based on a detailed plan and using the Shift Logic system, that are compliant with the current EBA and relevant policies
- Providing support to Ground Crew team members and their queries about the roster
- Producing reports and delivering information to relevant stakeholders
- Building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in the airport and head office team
- Administering multiple leave types within relevant systems
- Providing feedback on current workforce scenarios, potential risks such as skills gaps and areas for improvement
- Contributing to the improvement of current process and policy
- Sourcing and interpreting information and data required to produce rosters such as shift plans and qualification reports
What you'll need:
- Previous experience in a large company with workforce rostering or scheduling, against a predetermined plan
- Your proven experience in managing time effectively and prioritising tasks in order to meet multiple conflicting deadlines
- Your demonstrated ability to use initiative and enthusiasm for problem solving
- Your exceptional attention to detail
- Your ability to identify cause and affect scenarios to reduce potential risk to the operation
- Demonstrated use of MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Experience within an airport operations would be highly valued
- Your understanding/experience of a shift working workforce.
If you are ready for your next challenge and ready to be a part of the Virgin Australia Resource Planning Team, we welcome you to submit your application now!
Please read the below position description for further information.
Position Description_Resource Planner_August 2018 (003) (002).pdf
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now