GET TO KNOW US
At Virgin Australia, we want to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities in which we live, work and fly.
Virgin Australia proudly employs many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and want to continue our work to be considered an Employer of Choice for our Indigenous communities around the country.
Virgin Australia is partnering with Diversity Dimensions to provide Pit Crew roles for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Diversity Dimensions support with a tailored recruitment process, face to face training and mentoring programs to set you up for success in these roles.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE
As a Virgin Australia Pit Crew Operator you will have a passion for working within a fast paced outdoor environment in all weather conditions and be able to work effectively within a small team. You will love the challenge of a physically demanding role, and must be able to demonstrate a proven recent history of manual handling experience.
OUR PIT CREW OPERATORS;
- Participate in the daily airside operations at our domestic airports ensuring superior safety and service procedures are maintained
- Safely load and unload guest baggage and freight, transporting the loads between aircraft and our baggage rooms
- Ensure safe delivery and on-time performance of our aircraft
- Handle and board pets
- Recognise and handle dangerous goods
- Safely operate and maintain the Ground Services Equipment
- Communicate and work as a team with both ground and cabin crew
TO APPLY YOU WILL;
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Hold a current unrestricted Australian drivers licence
- Be adaptable, resilient and be able to work under pressure in an ever changing environment
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Have competency in written and spoken English
- Possess basic computer skills
- Have the ability to work a rotating shift roster
Please note our Pit Crew positions are part time opportunities. A minimum of 25 hours per week is guaranteed, however you will have the opportunity to work extra hours and overtime. Shifts are allocated on a rotating roster across 365 days a year, including early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Access to free airport parking whilst on duty
Virgin Australia is a work place free from discrimination and the diversity of all our teams enhances our diversity of thought. While our people have diverse backgrounds, and offer different skills and experiences, as a team, we are united by shared values and a will to make things better.
READY TO EMBARK ON A NEW AND EXCITING CAREER WITH VIRGIN AUSTRALIA?
If you’re of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and are ready to join this collaborative team that make a real difference to the customer experience of an award-winning airline, then we want to hear from you. Please follow the link below to submit your application online.
Virgin Australia is partnering with Diversity Dimensions. Diversity Dimensions will be the point of contact throughout the recruitment process and your application will be forwarded across to them for review.
For further information, please email email@example.com
Applications for this opportunity will close February 10th 2019