Flight Operations Engineer - Tigerair
Job no: 503180
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other Flight Operations
Tigerair Australia has a vision to be the value airline of choice for all Australians and is committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable and reliable air travel with friendly service. As part of the Virgin Australia Group, Tigerair plays an important role in the Group vision to change aviation for good.
About the role:
We have a rare opportunity for a Flight Operations Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. Reporting to the Leader Fleet Technical the Flight Operations Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and development of weight and balance and aircraft performance systems and data.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist with the maintenance of the aircraft loading systems, in conjunction with the approved weight control authority (WCA);
- Validate and distribute aircraft weight and balance documentation for both Airbus and Boeing fleets;
- Maintain current and accurate databases for load control in compliance with relative legislation and company operation.
- Assist with development and incorporation of weight and balance operational procedure manual updates;
- Manage weight and balance data updates for Electronic Flight Bag system.
- Produce and distribute aircraft performance data including take-off charts and associated special engine out procedures for both Airbus and Boeing fleets;
- Assess and provide ongoing NOTAM support and ensure temporary takeoff performance data is produced for aerodrome works or unplanned limitations;
- Maintain current and accurate databases for aircraft performance in compliance with relative legislation and company operation.
- Support development, validation and maintenance of aircraft performance and weight and balance EFB applications.
- Assist developing and documenting company policy and procedures which support company flight operations within area of responsibility;
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will be have extensive experience in aircraft performance, including experience with Airbus and Boeing manufacturer performance software tools. You will be able to remain focused in a pressured environment and enjoy working in a close-knit team.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering Degree (desirable)
- Weight Control Authority (desirable)
- Ability to work to strict time lines (project management)
- Effective teamwork skills and capable of team building and motivating;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Computer skills essential;
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!
Flight Operations Engineer.docx
Advertised : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now