Virgin Australia's purpose is defined by our guest experience. Every step of their journey is an opportunity to deliver an exceptional service experience. Our Operations Control Centre ensures the day-to-day operation of the airline is conducted in the most efficient manner, providing the best outcomes for our guests while not compromising on safety and compliance.
About the role:
In this role, you will manage network disruption and be responsible for coordinating Cabin Crew and/or Pilot rosters. Your job will be to ensure all flights are correctly resourced in a compliant manner before take-off. Additionally, you will deliver an unparalleled commitment to safety, team work and guest satisfaction.
We have multiple opportunities with both full-time and part-time positions available in our Crew Control and Forward Planning teams. Our Crew Control team operates on a 24/7 basis with day and night shifts on a rotating roster and the Forward Planning team operates day shifts only 7 days a week on a rotating roster. As an ideal candidate you would have previous experience within a fast paced, high pressure operations control centre. Exposure to complex logistical environments using advanced software applications, will be highly regarded.
Please note part-time opportunities will be rostered a minimum average of 20 hours per week up to a maximum of 40 hours per week (initial training will require full time hours for up to 6 months).
- Demonstrated understanding of airlines or a similar logistical operation.
- Knowledge or application of industrial, regulatory rules or enterprise agreements within a large organisation.
- A strong focus on safety and compliance.
- Resilience and ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Experience with complex software systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends.
- Industry benefits – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
Please note applications will be reviewed as received and we expect to hold an assessment centre in the near future, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
These roles will initially be offered as 12 month fixed term contracts, however there will be the potential of ongoing permanent employment.
For further information about this opportunity, please read the Position Description.