GET TO KNOW US
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) is the largest provider of Fly-In-Fly Out charter services in Western Australia. We have considerable experience operating both Charter and Regular Public Transport (RPT) services to small and remote communities, allowing our guests to experience Virgin Australia’s award-winning product and services across the regional network.
Here at VARA, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning and purpose. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to become Australia’s most trusted charter airline.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE
Virgin Australia's Regional Engineering team are seeking a Perth based Manager, Airworthiness to manage the alignment of the Engineering Strategy with the Operational strategy.
As Manager, Airworthiness, you will play an integral role in the delivery of projects and continuous improvement portfolios, whilst developing and guiding the strategic direction of the Engineering Department.
Duties of this role within Part 42 organisation include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the Engineering Strategy, ensuring a solid link with Operational Strategy.
- Responsibility for Aircraft Records and Airworthiness Review functions.
- Development, maintenance and execution of continuous improvement plans that fit within the context of the Departments Strategy.
- Implementing change to identified opportunities.
- Modelling desired leadership behaviours, mentoring staff to lead team members to their full potential.
LET’S GET TO KNOW YOU
You will have proven leadership in project and change management methodologies; possess a good sense of organisation and planning, coupled with strong communication skills when influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders autonomously.
In addition, you will also hold:
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft maintenance processes.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ Business or alternatively an aircraft Licensed Engineer with post graduate qualifications in Engineering or Business.
- Proven experience in leading teams and the ability to mentor staff direct reports
- Experience of the interface between an airline MRO including exposure to ICT project implementation.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific!
READY FOR YOUR CAREER TO TAKE OFF?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below.
If you experience turbulence with the application form, or just have some further questions, please contact Alistair King (Talent Acquisition) via email@example.com