Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
About the role:
As the Procurement Portfolio Manager at Virgin Australia, you will lead, coach and mentor a team of Category Management Specialists that develop, manage and execute multiple procurement category strategies across the Group. Providing expertise and guidance on the development of these strategies, you will be accountable for ensuring they support the overall procurement strategy and deliver to business needs.
The role is seen as fundamental to the Procurement team, playing a key role in the leadership of the department. You will promote the capabilities of the team and educate the broader business on the Procurement methods and policies. You will also be responsible for:
- The benefits identification, tracking and reporting of categories within your portfolio
- Managing key senior relationships both internally and externally
- Leading continuous improvement programs, being an instigator of making things better
Please note that this is a 12-month fixed term contract.
Who you are:
- A senior procurement professional. You have demonstrable commercial expertise with a clear understanding of the drivers affecting business. You demonstrate a passion for and a clear track record of delivering commercially astute outcomes.
- A Leader. You are comfortable inspiring teams to deliver in complex work environments
- A creative thinker. You think laterally, challenge existing paradigms and are able to define new methods and processes in order to achieve extraordinary outcomes
- A change champion. You are a strong influencer who communicates effectively and with purpose, collaboratively engaging with internal and external stakeholders and are comfortable challenging the status quo
- An Influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose, collaboratively engaging with internal and external stakeholders, understanding relationships are key
What you’ll need:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 8+ years strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, category management and procurement experience, including at least 3 years leading category and / or supplier management teams
- Extensive experience and knowledge of leading practices in category management, strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Expert-level understanding of category strategy development and its alignment with overall business goals and strategies.
- Expert influencing, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with complex business case development to support buy-in to change initiatives
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce / accounting / business or equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce / accounting / business
- Program Management skills
What you’ll get from us:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!