Get to know us:
Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
Get to know the role:
We are seeking a motivated and proactive Leader to manage our Safety Performance Team in Virgin Australia, based in Brisbane and working across our domestic network. Key accountabilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Accountability for the provision of systems and processes to enable the analysis and reporting of safety and risk data for the business. This includes the development, implementation and ongoing management of all safety reporting systems within Virgin Australia's network
- Developing key relationships within the operational divisions and using your influence to guide, develop and enhance internal safety and risk reporting
- Responsible for managing all day-to-day aspects of data captured from Safety Information Systems to identify risk and promote safety within Virgin Australia.
For further information, please review the Position Description attached.
Let’s get to know you:
- Previous experience in data, statistical and risk analysis including compilation for reporting.
- Sound experience in converting data into meaningful information and reports. Proficient in use of Airline Safety IT applications (COGNOS/ Intelex preferable)
- Experience managing a small team
- Ability to interact with business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to conceptually understand databases, data warehouses and data schemas.
What you’ll get from us:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
Ready to spread your wings?
Successful candidates will ideally be available to commence in this exciting opportunity as soon as possible.
Please be aware that recruitment for this role will commence prior to the advertisement closing.