Get to know us:
Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
Get to know the role:
Following an internal move, we have a rare opportunity for an experienced Schedule Planner to join our Virgin Australia Network Management team. In this role, you will lead the development and delivery of domestic and international schedules in consultation and negotiation with a variety of commercial and operational stakeholders.
Your day to day will include:
- Developing seasonal schedules and optimising monthly roster period schedules identifying network opportunities whilst resolving operational constraints within tight deadlines and with attention to detail;
- Developing different scheduling scenarios as required, including budgets and reforecasts;
- Collaborating with key commercial and operational stakeholders and assessing any implications from feedback received on proposed plans;
- Communicating key scheduling changes to stakeholders as required;
- Representing Virgin Australia at Slot Conferences where required to secure seasonal slots;
- Being the subject matter expert on Sabre Slot Manager and/or Schedule Manager;
- Mentoring and coaching the Schedule Coordinators; and
- Proactively maintain the airlines slot portfolio
Please note that this role is based in our Brisbane head office. For further information, please review the Position Description.
Let’s get to know you:
- 3+ years airline schedule planning experience;
- Demonstrated ability to show innovation and ability to drive/deal with change;
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders;
- Experience within a fast-moving, competitive environment;
- Strong data analysis skills and high attention to detail;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel; and
- University degree in Aviation Management or a business-related discipline.
What you’ll get from us:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.