About the role:
Reporting to the Leader Group Assurance Investigation based in the Virgin Village, this role works within Group Assurance - Safety Systems which acts on behalf of the Board, CEO and Group Executive – VAA.
This role is responsible for the overview of all areas within Virgin Australia which have an impact on safety, risk and compliance. To be successful in this role you will have a passion for safety and an ability to identify and mitigate risk in an efficient and effective way.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Carrying out high value operational safety investigations and audits
- Identifying regulatory /procedural non-compliance and facilitating and monitoring corrective actions
- Effective use of the Safety Management System (SMS) to identify hazards to operations, working collaboratively with stakeholders to maintain and reduce risk
- Drive a proactive approach to safety management across multiple operational divisions
- Maintain continual improvement of the SMS
- Respect the sensitivity and confidentiality of information obtained during the audit/investigation process
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years Aviation operational experience
- Experience in auditing and investigating safety events, identifying opportunities for organisational and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively in a team with build relationships at all levels
- Experience in developing and documenting systems procedures and processes suitable to satisfy regulatory and company business requirements
- Training in Ground Operations Safety Systems
- Training in aircraft weight and balance theory and aircraft load control systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- A proven ability to analyse data in many forms and provide accurate and reliable advice and recommendations based on this analysis
For more information, please review the below position description.
Group Assurance Investigator - Ground.pdf
If you have a passion for safety and have an investigative and analytical mindset, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Apply now!