Maintenance Control Engineer - Tigerair
Job no: 501867
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Aircraft Maintenance
Tigerair Australia has a vision to be the value airline of choice for all Australians and is committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable and reliable air travel with friendly service. As part of the Virgin Australia Group, Tigerair plays an important role in the Group vision to change aviation for good.
About the role:
The Maintenance Control Engineer reports to the Manager Engineering Operations and is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of aircraft maintenance and defect rectification through control and oversight of the contracted maintenance supplier.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordination of Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance (Short term Planning);
- Ensuring all major defects are identified and reported as per relevant procedure;
- Ensure the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft fleet in accordance with the approved documentation;
- Assist in logistics management;
- Monitoring of Airworthiness requirements;
- Ensure all maintenance activities are properly performed in accordance with the approved documentation and regulations.
- Monitor disruption and AOG management (Tail Swaps/assignment);
- Co-ordinate AOG support and recovery;
- Liaison for 3rd party Technical Support and Maintenance providers, proactively managing the short- and longer-term maintenance activities;
- Measuring and monitoring the performance of the providers;
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will have significant previous maintenance control experience with the proven ability to solve issues and make sound judgements unsupervised. International travel may be required so you will need to able to obtain a valid passport.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Minimum 7 years experience in the industry
- Airbus A320 aircraft maintenance experience (type rated preferable)
- Boeing 737NG aircraft maintenance experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills, especially MS Word and Excel
- Additional Planning experience would be highly regarded
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!
18-21 Maintenance Control Engineer Position Description.docx
Advertised : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now