Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award–winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner! Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and it is all about your collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking, and simply smart perspective to the way we do things.
What are we doing?
The Modelling and Insights team uses a rich selection of internal and external data to derive key analytics and develop statistical models in order to enable our internal and external stakeholders to develop strategy, communications and products that will support our vision of becoming “Australia’s most loved loyalty program”. The team also supports Virgin Australia initiatives to become the “world’s most rewarding travel experience”.
About the role
The Modelling and Insights Specialist will develop a wide range of insights and models to support the data driven vision of Velocity. This position will be offered as a full-time, permanent position.
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Code in one or more statistical programming languages such as SAS, R or Python to interrogate and find relevant insights from large and diverse datasets
- Be an expert in statistics, modelling and machine learning
- Develop, maintain and enhance advanced statistical and machine learning models
- Apply classic techniques such as logistic regression as well as other techniques (for example; elastic net, gradient boosting, collaborative filtering and random forest)
- Use segmentation and clustering techniques to detect homogenous groups of members across the program or within specific partner programs
- Derive, maintain and improve key metrics to be used in CRM strategy and analysis
- Provide consulting services to other departments across the business
- Communicate results and insights in a clear and visual manner
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract position
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc. or equivalent experience
- Previous experience building predictive models
- Advanced programming skills in SAS, R and/or Python
- Excellent SAS and SQL data manipulation skills to make ‘sense’ of Big Data
- Data visualization skills, knowledge of tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Adobe Analytics or Spark.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail and time management
What you’ll get from us
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights, travel and accommodation options
- Dynamic, diverse and highly collaborative modelling and insight team
- Spectacular City-based office with onsite restaurants and facilities
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of our journey as we achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s Most Loved Loyalty Program.