Job no: 501639
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Engineering, Management/Leadership, Airworthiness
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role
We are seeking applications from highly motivated individuals for the role of Head of Airworthiness. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to lead and inspire Virgin Australia's Regional Airworthiness Department. Reporting directly to the Executive General Manager, this role is responsible for leading the Airworthiness Department commensurate with the highest standards, within an environment of continual improvement, innovation and safety awareness. We are sourcing individuals with highly developed leadership, collaboration and organisational skills who have demonstrated success and talent in a similar senior leadership role.
- Set and implement a clear strategic direction and purpose for the Airworthiness Department, ensuring the Department is positioned and equipped to adapt and respond in a complex and fast-paced business environment;
- Lead and inspire the Virgin Australia Regional Airlines CAMO team in achieving results and delivering continuing airworthiness services that drive regulatory compliance and fleet reliability;
- Critically analyse strategic and operational focus areas, make informed decisions and proactively drive the development and delivery of practical and outcome-based solutions;
- Oversee and drive continuous improvement and innovation of CAMO management systems;
- Ensure all maintenance and other activities as detailed in the CAMO Exposition are carried out by suitably approved maintenance organisation(s)/personnel, in accordance with the approved maintenance programs, on time and to an approved standard;
- Foster a strong spirit of collaboration and innovation that delivers meaningful and lasting business improvement within the CAMO and across VARA;
- Build and embed a culture of high performance and individual accountability;
- Ensuring the promotion of a just culture with Safety as the overriding priority;
What you’ll need
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability to qualify as a CASA approved Continuing Airworthiness Manager (CAM) in accordance with CASR 42 MOS;
- Significant management and leadership experience working in an Airline, operating transport category aircraft.
- The ability to formulate and drive conformance to business budgets.
- A track record of sustained and proven excellence in devising and executing business plans and achieving desired outcomes.
- A high level of personal integrity, self-awareness and resilience when managing challenges
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of management systems.
- A proven ability to lead and motivate high performing multi-disciplinary teams to effect significant, successful business changes
- A capacity to build productive and collaborative relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Championed change and lead change management.
What you’ll get from us:
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options
- Diverse career paths – the sky is the limit... set your own course
- Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families
- Global brand – tap into the diverse offerings of the Virgin group
If you are ready to join the Virgin Australia brand or looking for your next step in your leadership journey, don’t miss the opportunity and submit your application today!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Application close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer an applicant