Manager Finance- Tigerair
Job no: 501573
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Finance/Accounting/Audit, Financial Services
Tigerair Australia has a vision to be the value airline of choice for all Australians and is committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable and reliable air travel with friendly service. As part of the Virgin Australia Group, Tigerair plays an important role in the Group vision to change aviation for good.
About the role:
The Manager Finance role reports to the Head of Finance and is responsible to lead the financial, analytic and decision support function for Tigerair. It ensures the delivery of appropriate planning, analysis and advice on all financial aspects relevant to the business whilst displaying a strong commercial focus.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead the provision of commercial and strategic support to the Tigerair entity and Leadership team in relation to financial targets, efficiency and delivery of key business priorities.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly management accounts with variance analysis at appropriate level, port/ price/ volume/ route to explain business trends and results for the Tigerair entity.
- Lead the production and delivery of budgets and forecasts (earnings, capital and cash) in a timely manner that meet the strategic and financial deliverables for Tigerair.
- Manage production of variance analysis to the Tigerair Leadership team and challenge Senior TIGERAIR Leaders on business performance to drive to agreed targets and forecasts.
- Reduce conservatism and increase accuracy in the financial forecasts for Tigerair
- Provide senior stakeholders with sound financial advice through the provision of strong financial analysis, modelling and information.
- Deliver value to the TIGERAIR business through the finance team's provision of ad-hoc, value add financial analysis.
- Identify opportunities to enhance efficiency, quality and financial outcomes of processes in the department and manage improvement programs; meeting the dual goals of improved outcomes for TIGERAIR and Virgin Australia Group.
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will be effective in building collaborative working relationships and be able to provide key input into commercial decision making. You will thrive in a fast paced 24/7 working environment and enjoy a hands-on approach working alongside a close-knit team.
Your skills and experience will include:
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualifications.
- Sound business sense and strong commercial awareness.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of leadership, risk management and implementation of change.
- People development skills and experience in a leadership/influencing role.
- Ability to drive productivity and performance through finance including the development and maintenance of budgeting and forecasting frameworks.
- Ability to think strategically and implement initiatives in a way that deliver upon business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting/forecasting processes.
- Strong collaborative and business partnering skills.
- Demonstrated experience influencing key stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in commercial/ finance type roles.
- Demonstrated systems abilities and a high level of computer literacy, including Advanced Excel spreadsheeting, financial modelling and interrogation of ERP's and Data-Warehouses.
- Airline, transport, logistics or travel industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in an Oracle/TM1 systems environment .
- Post graduate tertiary qualifications (business/financial).
- Worked with finance teams comprising of onshore and offshore models.
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!
Manager Finance Sep19 PD_Final.pdf
Advertised : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now