Finance Partner - Tigerair
Job no: 501572
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Finance/Accounting/Audit, Financial Services
Tigerair Australia has a vision to be the value airline of choice for all Australians and is committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable and reliable air travel with friendly service. As part of the Virgin Australia Group, Tigerair plays an important role in the Group vision to change aviation for good.
About the role:
The Finance Partner role reports to the Head of Finance and is responsible for providing financial decision support and analysis to the Tigerair business including reporting of results, insights and advice.
The successful candidate will partner with the business in the provision of financial analysis, interpretation of trends and proactive business engagement in support of Tigerair strategy and Virgin Australia Group strategic outcomes.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provision of financial support on strategic projects and commercial contracts and an understanding of processes and systems to support accurate and timely weekly and monthly accounting processes, reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Production of the monthly management accounts for TIGERAIR department heads with variance analysis at appropriate level port/price/volume/route to explain business trends and results.
- Month End Review of GL information. Identifying where accruals and adjustments are required, examples being Direct Operating Costs, Aircraft Crew and Maintenance Costs, Overhead Costs, Rentals and Depreciation.
- Work in collaboration with all members of the TIGERAIR Finance team and Virgin Australia Group Finance to produce subsidiary finance result, explaining variances and meeting required timelines.
- Use outsourced resources to ensure balance sheet account reconciliations are completed, meeting required timelines and ensuring reconciling items are followed up, investigated, highlighted and ultimately cleared.
- Perform Cash, Working Capital and Balance Sheet analysis as required.
- Responsibility to collaboratively work with and support Tigerair heads of department and their team members in the preparation of cost centre forecasts and budgets.
- Financial advice in the daily operation of Tigerair.
- Proactive and adhoc analysis of critical business areas.
- Encourage economies of scale/ benchmarking/best industry practice within the Group.
- Provide Tigerair team members with valuable support and value add analysis
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in providing financial analysis, support and leadership in business projects or commercial negotiations.
You will have effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealing with senior managers and will thrive in a fast paced 24/7 working environment.
Your skills and experience will include:
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualifications, or studying towards these, or significant demonstrated compensatory experience.
- Demonstrated systems abilities and a high level of computer literacy, including Advanced Excel spreadsheet in financial modelling.
- Audit and / or management accounting background.
- Previous budgeting and month end experience.
- Previous exposure in a Cost / Management Accounting role
- Demonstrated experience in an Oracle/TM1 systems environment
- Demonstrated ability in providing financial advice and ability to influence senior managers’ decision-making processes
- Further Post-Graduate Studies
- Transport, logistics or travel industry experience
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!
Finance Partner Sep19 PD_Final.pdf
Advertised : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now