International Manager - Sydney
Job no: 501462
Work type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane
Categories: Ground Operations
About the role:
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Operations Manager to join the Virgin Australia team, based at Sydney’s International Airport. Reporting to the Airport Manager, you will be required to lead a team of Duty Managers who are responsible for achieving five key business goals of Safety; On Time Performance; Guest Satisfaction; Employee Satisfaction; and Cost through a large team of directly employed and contracted operators.
You will pride yourself in your People Management, Leadership and Stakeholder accountability and have strong proven experience in managing operational budgets and financials. You will look forward to being an inspirational Leader in one of the busiest International ports in Virgin Australia's network ensuring we achieve safety, regulatory compliance and on-time performance.
As the International Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring and promoting safety and compliance requirements, procedures and policies
- Strategically leading and managing a team in an operationally complex and highly regulated unionised environment
- Diagnose issues affecting on time performance and driving continuous improvement projects within the Ground Operations team
- Effectively develop and manage financial budgets; control financial expenditure- including costs of wages, ground support equipment, contracted services and contractors
- Build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships including Airport Corporation and Border Agencies
- Pro-actively ensure all performance KPI's are met with a key focus on safety, team, cost and on time performance
- Manage escalated employee relations matters, including performance management, investigations and disciplinary matters
- Ensure that all government regulations are adhered to in relation to international operations, including OTS, CASA and other federal regulators within other countries
- Work with all stakeholders to proactively manage the interline check-in area, bag room and tranship drivers to ensure best guest experience is achieved, including monitoring/management of 3rd party Ground Handling
- Promote strong performance in outsourced airport operations and committed to delivering a high level Guest Experience consistent with service levels across the network.
What you’ll need:
- Highly developed leadership and management ability including internal and external relationship development and team building capacity
- A strong capacity for contract management, change management, innovation and effectively time manage tasks
- Qualities of passion for service excellence, adaptability, flexibility and commitment
- Proven ability to achieve highly successful operational outcomes through others
- Refined skill of applying sound judgement and reasoning to problem solving
- Interpersonal effectiveness and engagement with the team; aligning them to the purpose, values and vision of Virgin Australia
What you’ll get from us:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist.
- We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now