Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award–winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner! Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and it is all about your collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking, and simply smart perspective to the way we do things.
What are we doing?
The Modelling and Insights team uses a rich selection of internal and external data to derive key analytics and develop statistical models in order to enable our internal and external stakeholders to develop strategy, communications and products that will support our vision of becoming “Australia’s most loved loyalty program”. The team also supports Virgin Australia initiatives to become the “world’s most rewarding travel experience”.
About the role
The Modelling Leader role will be developing, leading and inspiring the modelling team within Velocity. This position will be offered as a full-time, permanent position.
In order to be successful in this role, you will: be involved in Project management, Client Management, People Management as well as Quality Assurance
- Lead engagements from a modelling/insights perspective as allocated, and continue to develop strong relationships moving forward
- Manage specialist/Analysts, including defining tasks, assisting and supervising work and providing feedback, evaluations and motivation- Including staff appraisals
- Analyse and understand client needs to identify new modelling opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of client/partner presentations: interpreting analytics output, attending/participating in presentations- ensuring the timely delivery of proposals and presentations
- Be responsible for ensuring that the commercial aspect of every modelling project
- Work with the Managers and Leaders as required to ensure that the commercial requirements of the Velocity / Torque Data team are met
Interested? We sure you are, please see the following position description for additional information: Leader Modelling Team -PD.pdf
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in Managing a Team in a similar role
- Advanced programming skills and experience with data manipulation and statistical programming languages- SAS, SPSS, R, SQL and Python
- Excellent SAS and SQL data manipulation skills to make ‘sense’ of Big Data
- Data visualization skills, knowledge of tools such as Tableau/Qlikview
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to deal with and manage internal and external stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail and time management
What you’ll get from us
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights, travel and accommodation options
- Dynamic, diverse and highly collaborative modelling and insight team
- Spectacular City-based office with onsite restaurants and facilities
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of our journey as we achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s Most Loved Loyalty Program.