Business Development Specialist
Job no: 501412
Work type: Full Time
Location: SYD Grosvenor Place, New South Wales Metro
Categories: Business Development
GET TO KNOW US:
Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many fantastic ways to earn Velocity Points and turn those points into flights or redemptions through our growing number of retail partners to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner! Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and you will absolutely thrive with your engagement ability, technical expertise, ideas, and willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE:
Our Loyalty program is the core of our business. As our Business Development Specialist, you will be accountable for developing quality partner prospects, appealing to our membership base as well as delivering commercially successful partnerships into the Velocity Frequent Flyer programme. You will be managing stakeholders at all levels, utilising data and analytics, delivering market research projects as well as managing new and existing partners.
The day to day accountabilities of the role involve:
- Leading the end-to-end sales process with target prospects
- Identifying and monitoring opportunities and leads
- Leveraging the data and insights, including the Velocity partner value story to recommend a strong value proposition to enable delivery on strategic drivers.
- Developing financial models and commercial business cases that generate incremental revenue, drive customer loyalty, and increase brand awareness
- Managing contract negotiations in consultation with legal teams
- Delivering successful partnerships into the Velocity loyalty program by managing both internal and external stakeholder at all levels through the sales and partnerships delivery lifecycle.
Interested? We’re sure you are! You can also find more information in the position description below
LET’S GET TO KNOW YOU:
- 5+ year experience in loyalty (card, retail or travel) in a commercial sales or marketing role
- A proven track record in helping to achieve significant financial targets and individual/team KPIs
- Significant experience building robust, strong business cases and commercial modelling
- Exceptional presentation skills pitching to all levels within a business including C-Suite
- A Strategic thinker with a combination of excellent conceptual and analytic abilities, along with creativity and judgment.
- Strong digital and data literacy, experience leveraging digital channels to strengthen partner value
- Advanced experience with use of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
WHAT YOU’LL GET FOM US:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia and Velocity cultures which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
READY TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below.
For further information, please review the position description Business Development Specialist.pdf
Advertised : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now