GET TO KNOW US:
Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE:
The Virgin Australia Group Workplace Relations Team are currently seeking an Employment Advisory Specialist to be based at Sydney Airport.
As an Employment Advisory Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting workplace investigations across our Cabin Crew and Ground Crew portfolio. You will provide strategic advice to leaders and managers in dedicated portfolios regarding performance management and managing complex employee issues. You will also be responsible for conducting conciliation conferences in the Fair Work Commission.
Your role puts you in a unique position to identify key learnings from the management of employee issues and facilitate implementing improvements, through training and policy updates, to promote best practice. A specialist in your field, you will draw upon your practical understanding of the Australian employment law framework to drive best practice outcomes.
The role also provides opportunities to support the Workplace Relations Team in enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes and litigation.
LET’S GET TO KNOW YOU:
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in advising line management on complex employment matters and the undertaking of workplace investigations.
- Experience in advising line management on complex employment matters and undertaking workplace investigations.
- Highly developed written and communication skills.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships and work collaboratively with leaders and employees within a complex unionised environment.
- Qualifications in Human Resources and/or Law highly regarded.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.