Do you want to be a part of the Best Airline Staff in Australia Pacific?
Virgin Australia is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for Pit Crew Operators at our Sydney airport!
As a Virgin Australia Pit Crew Operator you will have a passion for working within a fast paced outdoor environment in all weather conditions and be able to work effectively within a small team. You will love the challenge of a physically demanding role, and must be able to demonstrate a proven recent history of manual handling experience.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE
- Participate in the daily airside operations at our domestic airports ensuring superior safety and service procedures are maintained
- Safely load and unload guest baggage and freight, transporting the loads between aircraft and our baggage rooms
- Ensure safe delivery and on-time performance of our aircraft
- Handle and board pets
- Recognise and handle dangerous goods
- Safely operate and maintain the Ground Services Equipment
- Communicate and work as a team with both ground and cabin crew
LET'S GET TO KNOW YOU
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- Hold a current unrestricted Australian drivers licence
- Be adaptable, resilient and be able to work under pressure in an ever changing environment
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Have competency in written and spoken English
- Possess basic computer skills
- Have the ability to work a rotating shift roster
Please note our Pit Crew positions are part time opportunities. A minimum of 25 hours per week or 50 hours per fortnight is guaranteed, however you will have the opportunity to work extra hours and overtime. Shifts are allocated on a rotating roster across 365 days a year, including early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays.
Let's face it, you skipped to the best part, didn't you?! And why wouldn't you with these fantastic benefits...
- Heavily discounted flights and industry benefits
- Diverse development opportunities
- Reward and recognition incentives
- Ongoing training and support programs
- Experience and amazing work culture that feels just like family
- Full uniform provided
- Free airport parking whilst on duty
- Free onsite physiotherapist at all mainline domestic airports
READY FOR YOUR CAREER TO TAKE OFF?
If you’re ready to embark on an exciting career journey with Virgin Australia, select the apply button below to submit your application.
At Virgin Australia, we want to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities in which we live, work and fly.
Virgin Australia proudly employs many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and want to continue our work to be considered an Employer of Choice for our indigenous communities around the country.