What are we doing?
The Product team takes pride in the design, development and translation of the brand and ground experience strategy into tangible, consistent and operationally sustainable ground product specifications. Their focus is on innovative built environment design solutions which enhance the guest experience throughout the ground aspect of their journey with Virgin Australia.
We walk the talk as Champions of Better, to enable our team members to deliver the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
What you will be doing:
You are coming in at an exciting time in our evolution and this opportunity will play a lead role in shaping, developing and delivering on our service promise.
As Product Manager / Specialist – Ground and Lounges, you will use your significant product development background to manage the lifecycle of our ground products including Check-in and Premium Valet, as well as our lounges domestically and internationally. You will have the opportunity to be a part of the development of new and enhanced products in collaboration with your key stakeholders and in line with our business objectives of delivering on our customer experience journey.
This diverse role will also see you:
- Maintaining product specifications and customer policies
- Reviewing product performance
- Maximising your knowledge of competitor offerings and the Virgin Australia customer to support progressive, innovative ground experiences and product development
- Driving analysis and evaluation of business initiatives, and business case development
- Displaying your passion for creating a distinctive Virgin Australia product experience for our guests at all check-in channels including self-service; departure and arrivals; our lounge and terminal layout; baggage services, and other airport customer interfaces just to name a few!
What can you bring?
Success in this role will rely on your;
- Strong customer centric focus
- Commercial or operational front-line experience, preferably in an airline
- Product management, development and delivery experience
- Project and change management experience from product/service rollouts
- Proficient MS Office and Excel skills
- Strong presentation, communication skills and excellent stakeholder management
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Clear business and financial acumen
- Conceptual thinking and complex problem-solving ability
- Strong knowledge of competitor airline product and service offerings
This is an airline environment where things changing constantly, so if you’re passionate about thinking out of the box to solve complex problems and enjoy a high paced environment then please apply now!
Please refer to the below position description for further information.
20180715_Position Description_Product Specialist - Ground and Lounges .pdf