ABOUT THE ROLE:
A highly-regarded and senior role within our business, the Manager, Airline Operations Technology is accountable for strategy setting, architecting and leading the investment and maintenance of technology required to support, grow and improve our Virgin Australia Group airline operations. This portfolio consists of Virgin Australia Airlines, Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA), and Virgin Australia Cargo.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and ensuring the maintenance of the technology is operationally excellent throughout the application lifecycle. This includes, but is not limited to, IT strategy and technology roadmap development, project delivery, oversight of the application support services and capacity planning.
Your overarching and critical goal is to ensure the Airline Operations domains are enabled, providing them with technology investment that drives increased revenue, operational efficiency, on-time performance and customer satisfaction. This is a rare opportunity for someone who is passionate about the future of technology in aviation to connect with talented stakeholders and make their mark within our business and the broader industry.
- You have 10+ years’ experience within IT, primarily within a customer focused and operationally critical airline environment;
- You have strong strategic leadership experience, identifying and creating commercially viable technology roadmaps;
- You have a solid background in delivery, and have a proven history of driving people, process, and technology change;
- You have expertise in identifying customer needs and building delivery plans that add value to business outcomes;
- You have a sound understanding of the evolving digital world on both the demand and supply sides; and
- You have knowledge of the current and future technology direction of the airline industry, and the ability to align this knowledge to our constantly-evolving internal strategies.
For further information about this role, please review the Position Description, or contact Paige Willemse (Recruitment) on 07 3333 9678 for a confidential discussion.