ABOUT THE ROLE:
Following recent expansion and growth in our international market, we have a rare opportunity for a suitably experienced Leader International Pricing to drive our tactical revenue generation activity across our international network. Reporting to the Manager Pricing, you will lead the International Pricing Team in delivering business outcomes that keep Virgin Australia at the forefront of innovation and industry trends. You will embrace a whole-of-network approach to maximising revenue, and leverage all aspects of the Virgin Australia Group product offerings to drive intakes and profitability for the airline.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Setting, reviewing and modifying optimal pricing levels for all international journey groups for multiple points of sale
- Lead pricing discussions on joint venture, codeshare and interline routes
- Coordinate post-sales analysis and reporting of key selling campaigns
- Actively manage, engage and motivate immediate team members – onshore and offshore
- Drive innovation within the pricing team by challenging existing work practices
- Work closely with the Pricing Distribution team to ensure speed to market via a diverse range of selling channels.
WHO YOU ARE:
A motivator and inspiring leader. You motivate and develop a strong team while inspiring them to think outside the box and apply innovate ways of working.
An influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose even when having challenging conversations
A people person. You collaborate and engage with internal and external department stakeholders understanding relationships are key
A Champion of Better. You strive to make things better for the team and the business.
A customer advocate. You are focussed on our customer and make decisions that positively impact their experience.
A level headed self-motivator. You have no problems remaining calm under pressure and will put your head down and work through it.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A sound understanding of pricing and inventory principles and how to practically apply these
- Tertiary qualification in economics, a business discipline or equivalent
- An elevated level of computer literacy, especially across Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Report writing and presentation skills
- 3-4 years’ experience in a commercial airline area such as pricing, revenue management, sales or business insights
- 2 years’ minimum experience managing and leading commercial teams of between 2-3 team members.
WHAT'S GREAT TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of airline reservation systems, fare structures and rules
- Experience monitoring fares using Infare Knowledge
- Up to date understanding of international airline markets, airline partnerships and alliances
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
Other than the unique opportunity to lead our International Pricing Team, you will be at the forefront of our growing international footprint and provide a pivotal function that will shape the future of our international network offering.
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
Position Description - Leader International Pricing.pdf