The Virgin Australia group of airlines prides itself on recruiting the right people into the right roles and we know what sets us apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages heart, spirit, imagination and collaboration, whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We want dedicated people who are Champions of Better and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for a Tourism Marketing Partnerships Specialist to join our Sydney team and work exclusively with our highly sought after Tourism partnerships portfolio. This opportunity will see you working in our Consumer and Partner Marketing team.
Picture yourself in the role: you’ll drive tourism partnership marketing activity for Virgin Australia, focusing on delivering on the agreed joint marketing plan. You’ll also manage the commercial agreements, contracts, events, campaigns and related reporting requirements.
Here’s what your day to day looks like:
- Project managing major campaign, events and initiatives; resulting in successful campaign deliverables and learnings.
- Collaborating with the wider Virgin Australia team to cross functionally to deliver on campaign and strategy.
- Managing our creative and media agency relationships. You’ll consistently represent our brand ensuring ROI and value are delivered in any solution.
- Using data and insights to drive retail strategy, and creative solutions for campaigns ongoing.
Who you are:
You own it. You are accountable and are determined to deliver the best outcome for the partner, customer and your team.
Passionate collaborator: You love working together as one team and have a passion for identifying opportunities. Naturally, you pride yourself on driving decisions and owning a commercial outcome for all parties involved.
Consultative and Dynamic: you thrive in a dynamic, changing environment and own your space across the management of campaigns and other initiatives.
Data and Insight Led: you believe in insights and data. You’re driven by finding better ways of working and improving based on data and applying it in a commercially focussed environment.
Simply smart and Champion Better. You embrace innovative thinking and are always looking for ways to give the surprise and delight feeling to members and your partner.
What you’ll need:
- Hands on experience in a similar senior marketing partnerships role, particularly in the airline/travel industry.
- Experience leading experiential and event activations and driving co-operative marketing campaign activities.
- Sophisticated ability across ownership and accountabilities delivering value and success across key partnerships.
What you’ll get from us:
- The opportunity to make a lasting impression in an incredibly exciting and fast moving industry,
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family,
- See Australia and the world with access to discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why,
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on,
- Work in an environment that encourages rewarding their team through various employee recognition programs,
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies,
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of our journey as we achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s favourite airline. Apply now!