What sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. In recruiting we seek out dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready to work in a challenging, fast pace environment. Our people are at the cornerstone of our business and our award-winning service to every guest is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
The Procurement Analyst is an exciting and newly created role which has responsibility for investigating, analysing and reporting relevant data to support the procurement strategy and governance team, as well as contributing to procurement project execution. This is a fantastic role that will allow you to build a strong technical foundation to set your procurement career up going forward. It is also an exciting time to join Virgin Australia Group Procurement, as we transform the function to a more strategic model, enabling us to excel in our support to all entities within the Virgin Australia Group of Companies, including Virgin Australia Airlines, VARA and Group Cargo, Tigerair Australia and Velocity Frequent Flyer.
This role has responsibility for supporting the strategy & governance team and category teams through analytical and procurement project support including performing activities such as:
- Supporting the development and monitoring of balance scorecard attributes
- Developing reporting to support continuous improvement programs put in place both internally and with suppliers
- Performing research on market, suppliers, technology and processes including development of industry knowledge
- Working with the Category Management Specialists to analyse internal spend as well as the external market
- Lead simple to medium complexity procurement projects with support and coaching from the Category Management Specialist
- Advise and recommend category opportunities for pursuit
- Support the Category Management Specialist in developing category strategies and procurement business cases
- Collate and analyse data to identify external market and supplier trends and issues
- Support supplier negotiation preparation through develop of fact base evidence including through reverse engineering and development of should cost models / total cost of ownership models
Who you are:
An Engaging Communicator. You facilitate interactive discussions, actively listening and reaching agreement through flexibility and compromise.
Collaborator. You connect and partner, working constructively in and across teams, viewing every interaction as an opportunity to collaborate.
A change champion. You demonstrate a change mindset, flexibility and openness. You welcome change and remain positive in the face of ambiguity.
A Continuous improvement mindset. You are curious and you understand the need for innovation to drive business improvement.
Commercially savvy. You have business smarts, and can drive solutions that will provide a return on investment.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role
- Sound influencing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and able to demonstrate excellence in:
- Data mining
- Conversion of data into information
- Interpretation and drawing conclusions from data analytics to identify and recommend opportunities
- Benchmarking skills, market and competitor analysis
- Experience in delivering procurement projects of low to medium complexity preferable
- Tertiary qualifications in finance / commerce / accounting
What you’ll get from us:
- Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
- Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!
Position Description - Procurement Analyst.pdf