What sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. In recruiting we seek out dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready to work in a challenging, fast pace environment. Our people are at the cornerstone of our business and our award-winning service to every guest is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
This is a 6 month fixed term contract opportunity as a Category Management Specialist which is a critical role within the Virgin Australia Group Procurement team that will play a key role in developing and managing the execution of Group wide procurement category strategies. This will be achieved by working closely with stakeholders across all Virgin Australia Group segments to understand relevant business strategies and objectives.
The role will be responsible for advising and providing commercial leadership for their categories of responsibility across the Group, with the ability to manage internal business stakeholders and external suppliers with strategic procurement needs. Execution of the category strategy will be attained through demand management, strategic sourcing, or supplier management exercises to maximise the value the Group obtains from, and manage the risks associated with, that category.
Who you are:
A customer focussed procurement professional. You have a passion for delighting both internal and external customers. You seek to understand customer needs by actively listening to thoughts and concerns. You follow through on commitments to customers.
Engaging interpersonal style. You facilitate interactive discussions. You build rapport and proactively strengthen your connection with others.
A creative thinker. You think laterally, challenge existing paradigms and are able to define new methods and processes in order to achieve extraordinary outcomes.
A trusted partner. You build trusting, cooperative partnerships, supporting others in challenging situations.
An analytical thinker in decision making. You advocate for analytics and insights in decision making and can see the bigger picture through the lens of commercial outcomes.
What you’ll need:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, category management and procurement experience, including at least 1 year in a category management role, focussed on delivery across the end to end procurement value chain (demand, source, fulfil, manage)
- Demonstrable understanding of category strategy development and able to articulate its alignment with overall business goals
- Advanced influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of the drivers affecting the business, enabling assertive and effective guidance to business stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skill, able to use data sets to interpret insights and identify fact-based opportunities for business case development
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills supporting high-quality delivery.
- Tertiary qualifications with either a business/commerce/ law focus or equivalent
What you’ll get from us:
Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!
Position Description - Category Management Specialist.pdf