Tigerair Australia has one main goal of being the budget airline of choice for all Australians and remains firmly committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable, reliable air travel with friendly service.
We fly people not just planes and we know that having the right people on board at team Tigerair is critical to achieving our goal of becoming Australia’s number one choice for value air travel.
About the role:
Reporting to the Lead Financial and Management Accountant, the Financial / Management Accountant will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operation of the Financial Reporting Function. This will include active involvement in the monthly financial reporting cycle, treasury and cash flow management, accounts receivable, Fixed Assets, oversee the disbursement / payment cycle.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation;
- Preparation of month end journals and reports
- Liaise with Systems and Reporting Leader to assist and resolve monthly revenue recognition queries as and when they arise.
- Ensure a commitment to continuous improvement is fostered and applied
- Ensure that the company operations are compliant with tax regulations.
- Supervision and support of AR and AP
- Monitor and reconcile cashflow and bank account
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will have a strong track record of over 3 years’ experience in financial/management accounting background. You ‘re an accounting enthusiast – who loves working with accounting principles and practices.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Accountancy graduate/CPA with proven financial and management accounting experience with solid relevant experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills to interpret and comprehend financial and non-financial data;
- Ability to work flexibly and demonstrate a willingness to respond to changing work environments and peak periods;
- Advanced Microsoft office skills with particular emphasis on Excel;
- Can work autonomously and experience working within a small team
- Experience with working with Oracle
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!