We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
What we are doing?
The Construction and Delivery team exists within the Infrastructure and Property division to ensure physical delivery of Virgin Australia’s infrastructure requirements either through VA-funded projects or airport-funded projects. This department also supports other functions within the team with technical advice to ensure planning and commercial discussions include realistic and achievable constructions and cost parameters.
About the role:
The Project Manager – Construction role exists to ensure the successful management of construction & delivery activity across the Virgin Australia group’s operational asset base, including where this is led by 3rd parties e.g. Airports.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensuring strong project management principals are adhered to relating to construction activity across VA’s Infrastructure Programme of Work, under the direction and leadership of the Manager Construction & Delivery.
- Leads construction procurement activity, project finances, management of internal and external resources/services to support delivery of construction on time and within budget.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with airports and VA stakeholders
This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong experience in Construction Management
- Leading the delivery of infrastructure projects utilising project management frameworks and methodologies
- Ability to manage small to medium range contracts
- Procurement and management of building contractors
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop stakeholder relationships
- Change, communication and risk management
- Project financial management
- Excellent problem solving, prioritisation and analytical skills
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft and Project Management software
- Tertiary qualification in Construction, Project Management or similar
- Knowledge or exposure to the Aviation/Airport industry is ideal but not necessary
As part of this role, you will be required to travel to various ports throughout Australia.
What you’ll get from us:
- Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
- Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
- Industry benefits – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it
- Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!
For more information, see below position description.
Construction and Delivery Specialist - Project Manager PD.pdf