Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives
with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the Flight Operations is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
Working within the Flight Training & Standards unit of Flight Operations, lead the management of Virgin Australia Operational Crew Standards on the A330 in accordance with the latest regulatory requirements, including CAR (1998) 217 and company approved operations manuals. You will be required to deputise for the Flight Standards Manager (FSM) role in their absence and on other fleets as required.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for delivering first class training and demonstrate strong leadership behaviours.
Key responsibilities in this role are:
• Assist the Manager Flight Standards (MFS) with the management of the Virgin Australia check organisation
• Within the privileges of any approvals held, the conduct of competency checks of operational crews as required by CASA and/or Virgin Australia
• The monitoring of crew activities and line operations to ensure crews operate to the required company standards of safety, technical competence and commercial awareness
• The provision of appropriate training material for operational crews to ensure they maintain recency and competency in accordance with any CASA or VA requirements
• Working with the Part 142 organisation to deliver training and development of Check & Training Captains and Training FOs
• Carry out standardisation of check & training personnel, external contractors on own fleet, and other fleets as required
• Assessment and review of flight crew proficiency to enable the recommendation for command upgrade of first officers and recommendation and training of Training Captains, Check Captains & TFOs
• To be proactive in safety and to promptly assist in the investigation of any safety related issue and to advise the appropriate management personnel of the outcome and any corrective action or procedures
• Maintain line pilot and check captain proficiency
• Act in the position of MFS in their absence
• Undertake other flight operations duties as directed
• Support Head of Training & Standards & Flight Standards Manager in their responsibilities to CASA
To be successful in this role you will likely possess:
• 5000 hours of flight time of high-capacity (airline) operations or equivalent
• Wide body heavy jet aircraft experience
• 3000 hours command time
• Current or previous Airbus fly-by-wire experience
• 3 years current or previous Check or Training experience in high capacity operations or equivalent
• Experience of working with regulatory authorities
• Experience of authoring Airline Training Manuals
What you’ll get from us
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
• Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
• See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
• Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
• Work in an environment that encourages rewarding their team through various employee recognition programs.
• The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
• Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
• Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!