Job no: 499326
Work type: Full Time
Location: Queensland Metro
Categories: Engineering, Safety and Security, Workplace,Health&Safety, Aviation, Airworthiness
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role
As a highly experienced LAME with strong technical knowledge together with excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence, you will carry out high value operational safety investigations and audits. Essential to success in this role will be the ability to use your highly developed analytical skills to carry out investigations, compile evidence based findings and engage the relevant stakeholders across the organisation in the resultant actions.
The role would suit someone who is a highly experienced LAME, who may want to transition out of shift work into a predominantly office environment where your experience will be used to identify potential and actual hazards to operations, work collaboratively with stakeholders to maintain the lowest reasonably practicable risk and driving a proactive approach to safety management across multiple divisions.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Held a LAME licence for over five years
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write concise and accurate investigation reports
- An inquiring mind and the ability to investigate without bias
- Experience in an audit/compliance/quality role
- A good working knowledge of legislation published by local and foreign regulatory authorities.
In addition to this what will really see you set up for success in this role will be:
- Experience in the coordination of aircraft checks and release to flight
- Experience in the coordination of AOG recovery
- Mainline or regional airline experience
- Formal training or experience in:
- Safety Management Systems
- Safety Investigation
- Human Factors
- Risk Management
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Project/Change Management
- Safety Databases and TRAX
- Investigation and interviewing skills
- A proven ability to analyse data in many forms and provide advice and recommendations based on this analysis
For more information please see the position description below and if this sounds like something you would be interested in then we welcome you to apply now!
Airworthiness Investigator Position Description.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer an applicant